Friday, October 13, 2006

It's a Dog's Life

I've decided it's time that I got back on track with my dog paintings, having been side tracked by cats for some considerable time.
Roma's puppies are now doing well enough to be left sleeping in their box for short periods of time so I can go large again.
Puppy photo's will be coming, when they look less like small rodents and more like collie puppies.

After spending so much time watching my own collies over the last few days I decided to launch my new series 'It's a Dog's Life' with my own Juno.
I posted the photo in my blog earlier this year and have been meaning to paint it ever since. I am trying to move away from simple head studies to setting the dog in a background, to portray a slice of its life.
This is on drafting film, approx 20 x 18 inches, I have used an airbrush for the background, but Juno himself is all coloured pencil so far.













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog,and congrats on the puppies.I am fascinated with drawing on drafting film,and have bought some to try out,so will be watching this picture with great interest.

Gayle Mason said...

Thank you for the comment.
Drafting film is really great to work on, I'm sure you will enjoy it