Monday, February 26, 2007

Beginning, Middle, and another Middle

I don't know if it's the time of year but I cannot settle to finishing a project. I now have four 'in progress'. You have seen two of them, another one is a graphite drawing of a meerkat, but he only has an eye done up to now, so isn't worth meeting yet. The fourth is an acrylic painting on canvas, of yet another cat. You wouldn't believe that I'm actually much more of a dog than cat person.

I decided I wanted to do a painting rather than a drawing for a change, as I do feel that rightly or wrongly, some buyers prefer to purchase a work on canvas. Anyway I wont need to put it under glass it works out.
It is 11 x 14 inches, Liquitex acrylics on canvas and the cat is slightly larger than life.
As always I did the eyes first, bringing them more or less to completion, then started putting in some tones. I have to tell you this is my way of working, I cannot work the whole painting at once as recommended in most 'how to' books.
There is more of the cat than shown in my scans.

Just to show you the latest progress shots of my other projects.



I really will finish these before I start anything else, poor Van Gogh, that means I have to leave you again.

No comments: