Sunday, September 07, 2008

Rough Collie Painting

We had a real health scare with Clinton last week although he is completely recovered now. It made me realise that I drew him as a puppy but I hadn't done an adult portrait of him. I felt the need to paint him once we knew he was going to be alright.
I decided to use a photograph of him looking over the fence into the garden. I have already used one of Juno from this shoot to produce
'Wait For Me' Clinton is acrylic and coloured pencil on Arches HP watercolour paper.
It makes a change to be painting a dog again, it seemed strange to be painting long fur.
Clinton is lying under the drawing table, doing his best to add touches of fur into the wet paint.

3 comments:

Making A Mark said...

Clinton is back in the place he loves best!

This one is going to be lovely Gayle.

Gayle Mason said...

Thanks Katherine, he's fine but I haven't recovered from the scare yet.

Karen Hargett said...

Gayle I'm glad Clinton is OK. This ia a precious comp - you've got a great start on it!