Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lion in Pastel - part 2


I've been working on my lion. I did take time out yesterday to go to Martin Mere and then visit a friends litter of Rough Collie pups.
The lion looks a little like he's just been to the hairdressers, but I'll change that later.
Martin Mere was cold but I got some good photographs of a male Sparrowhawk. It landed on the ground and stayed for quite a long time with its feet in a shallow pond.
The puppies were lovely, our friends consistently breed quality puppies and these were no exception.


5 comments:

Toni-Marie Hudson said...

This is looking great. I think you've really taken off with pastels.

Efraín Pérez León said...

This is a really amazing painting. This lion looks real. I can´t wait to see it finished. Congratulations Gayle Mason.

Unknown said...

Lookin' good. I especially like the short hair areas.

Dean Grey said...

Wow!

Will we be shown the finished product on this one?

I'm curious as to how the lion turned out.

-Dean

Gayle Mason said...

I've put this to one side for a while, but I will show the finish.