Friday, March 19, 2010

Endings and a Macro Cat

One of the things I want to do before my last day at work is to finish off all my work in progress. That way when we get to the first of April I can have a new beginning.
Some of you might remember this cat from the NEC last November, I hadn't done any more with it until this week, now it's almost finished.
It's approximately 10 x 8 ins, coloured pencil with acrylic washes on Arches paper and will hopefully be going to the SOFA exhibition in September.
Now I'm going to work, my very last Friday!

4 comments:

Pauline said...

Hope your very last Friday at work is a good one. Within a few months you won't know how you managed to fit work into your life. Happy painting days ahead.

Tracy Hall said...

How exciting Gayle! A new chapter. This is a beauty, such soft fur and an amazing eye.

Tswj said...

wow thats amazing .. I thought it was a photo ..
looks so amazing :) I cant get over how real it looks .. the reflection of the eye an glassy ness
great :)

Tswj said...

This is an amazing picture. I thought it was a photo the way the light reflects off the eye and thee glassy look of it . its amazing

awesome :)