Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Two Ragdoll Kittens in Coloured Pencil and Acrylic

'Cuddled Up'

To bid click here

This is 6 x 4 inches, coloured pencil and acrylic on cream stonehenge paper.


I need to decide what I'm going to submit for the Society of Feline Artists exhibition this year. I've never painted Ragdoll cats before( I did start one on pastelbord but it remains a work in progress) and I have a nice image I want to use, so I decided to do a small piece to work out the colours.


I used a piece of cream Stonehenge paper that I'd been sent to try. I'm not a big fan of Stonehenge as I find it a little bit too soft but this time I really enjoyed using it. I did quite a lot of blending with French Grey and Peach Beige Prismacolor pencils and the paper behaved perfectly. I also added acrylic highlights and again found the paper worked well. I was going to do the full size piece on Arches watercolour paper but I think I might use the Stonehenge again.

No comments: