Friday, May 24, 2013

Hare Today Gone Tomorrow

'Watching'

Pastel on Velour Paper

I finally finished the hare I'd been working on at Harrogate Spring Flower Show and finalised the limited edition prints.

While working on this image I frequently thought about my dad because one of his little saying was 'hare today, gone tomorrow'. Although he's been dead for over eighteen years I can still hear him saying it.

Having seen the media footage of the aftermath of the Oklahoma hurricane it suddenly struck me how terribly apt the saying was, we are indeed here today and gone tomorrow. It  made me realise just how important it is to live for today, appreciate what I have and not long for tomorrow.

Limited edition giclee prints of 'Watching' are available direct from me, I will update my website later today.
Edition limited to 350, produced on 100% cotton fine art paper.
Image size approximately 13.5 x 9.5 inches, the print is mounted/matted in white, mounted/matted size 16 x 20.

** Now available direct from my website**

If you'd like any further information please email me: gayle.mason@gmail.com

4 comments:

Making A Mark said...

Very relevant comment and excellent advice re this week.

We all have woes - but how does that compare to having your house blown apart in seconds and losing family members?

I still like this background better than flat colour/

Gayle Mason said...

Makes you think doesn't it.

Thanks Katherine, I'm pleased you like the background.

Colette Theriault said...

So soft and innocent looking Gayle; wonderful piece.
So true about your saying...one must take advantage and appreciate each and every day, no matter how tough life can get.

Paul Shenton said...

Fantastic you have captured the always startled eye of the hare spot on